If you are looking for a hotel in Javier, hotel Xabier has certainly reached the top of your list. To…
The Basque Country Spain France
A travel blog about the Basque Country, its culture and the highlights of Basque life.
I will explain how to visit the Basque Country (Spain France), which traditional Basque festivals are not to be missed, what specialities to taste, etc.
If you wish, you can stay in my holiday rental 17 km from Bayonne, 23 km from the main beach of Biarritz and 24 km from Hossegor and Capbreton.
In this category, you will find:
- The ultimate guide to the best traditional Basque food including some recipes and the best places to eat it.
- A listing of +80 Basque traditional festivals. This listing is moving to the agenda.
- Bayonne chocolate festival. The 9 reasons to enjoy the chocolate festival in the French capital of chocolate.
- Via Crucis Balmaseda. The complete guide to organise your discovery of this fascinating religious festival.
- The dance festival of the 7 Basque provinces. One of my favourite festivals, showcasing the dances of the 7 provinces.
- The Javierada. The pilgrimage in honour of Saint Francis Xavier in his birthplace, Javier castle.
- Video hiking in the Basque Pyrenees. Bidarray and Itsusi.
- Hotel Xabier review. The hotel I recommend you to stay during your visit in Javier.