The city of Saint Jean de Luz is not only famous for its recipe of grilled squids. It is also…
The Basque Country Spain France
A travel blog about the Basque Country, its culture and the highlights of Basque life.
I will explain how to visit the Basque Country (Spain France), which traditional Basque festivals are not to be missed, what specialities to taste, etc.
If you wish, you can stay in my holiday rental 17 km from Bayonne, 23 km from the main beach of Biarritz and 24 km from Hossegor and Capbreton.You will also find some suggested itineraries here.
In this category, you will find:
- The ultimate guide to the best traditional Basque food including some recipes and the best places to eat it.
- A listing of +80 Basque traditional festivals in 2019-2020 You will find everything you need to organise your trip.
- Bayonne chocolate festival. The 9 reasons to enjoy the chocolate festival in the French capital of chocolate.
- Via Crucis Balmaseda. The complete guide to organise your discovery of this fascinating religious festival.
- The dance festival of the 7 Basque provinces. One of my favourite festivals, showcasing the dances of the 7 provinces.
- The Javierada. The pilgrimage in honour of Saint Francis Xavier in his birthplace, Javier castle.
- Video hiking in the Basque Pyrenees. Bidarray and Itsusi.
- Hotel Xabier review. The hotel I recommend you to stay during your visit in Javier.
- Basque squids recipe. Tips and recipe.
- The Basque cake recipe. The authentic and original recipe.
- The chicken basquaise recipe. The real recipe of the chicken basquaise or chicken basque, as it is cooked in Basque families.
- The Basque piperade recipe. Tips, wine pairing, how and where to eat it.
- French macaron recipe. The old-style macaroons created for King Louis XIV in 1660.